Ruptures of the Achilles tendon are rather dramatic when they occur. There may be a snap that you can hear at the back of the leg. There are videos of it occurring on YouTube and most often it occurs in older athletes and in explosive sports such as tennis or basketball. There is a loss of strength and you can not raise up on to your toes on the ruptured side. Some drugs can predispose to an Achilles tendon rupture.
Achilles tendon ruptures are usually managed either with a walking brace or with surgery. All the research between the two methods over the long term outcomes show that outcomes are going to be about the same, so the treatment is going to come down to your choices and the preferences of the consulting physicians as to which is best approach for you. The science shows that the sooner you can get back on to your feet the better with early walking and exercise regardless of the method used to treat it the better will be the outcome.
- Features a durable, semi-rigid shell that helps support the limb while providing full-shell protection
- SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the lightweight and lab-tested rocker sole combine to encourage a natural gait
- Keep your Aircast SP (Short Pneumatic) Walker Brace / Walking Boot like new with this replacement foam liner and insole
- Lightweight lining can be hand washed with a mild detergent; simply allow to air dry
- WALKING BOOT SOCKS SIZE: The tube orthopedics socks are unisex for men and women, the maximum size up to 13-15, they are knee high for women, over calf for men. Loose fit design with non binding top, 2 pairs black knee socks(4 pieces) in a valuable pack.
- SPECIAL DESIGN FOR REDUCE SKIN IRRITATION：The surgical foot/leg skin is weak, the walking boot socks are the shelter to your sensitive skin when wearing foot brace or walking boot, walking boot can really agitate your skin. The length of the socks is 21 Inch, it can cover all the calf.
- ✅ DOCTOR-APPROVED RECOVERY: CAM Fracture Walking Boot is your ideal choice during your recovery process. Our Medical Walking Boot is design for conditions such as stress fractures, post op recovery, sprains, soft tissue injuries, bunions and more.
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE & VERSATILE: Easy-to-use medical-grade Velcro with an open-toe area ensures maximum airflow. Fits both left or right foot.
- BEFORE PURCHASING please view our newest sizing chart (second image). Size Medium fits men’s 7.5-10 and women’s 9-11.5 shoe size. Size Medium weighs 2.2 pounds and can be worn on the left or right foot
- USER GUIDE included in each boot for proper application. Please follow the steps provided for ideal fit and comfort
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
O’Brien Needle Test for an Achilles Tendon Rupture
Achilles tendon rupture (over 1000 abstracts of recent research on Achilles tendon ruptures)